Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Crying It Out"

I'm going to make this as short as possible since I'm on my phone in bed. Yes, it's a Saturday night, it's 9pm and all 5 of us (Coop and Mace Girl, too) are in bed. It's been that kind of week.

First of all, if you would have asked me 2 months ago if I'd ever let my baby "cry it out" I would have told you no. But desperate times call for desperate measures and things were just getting worse not better.

Short story is CIO is working for us. I guess we are lucky compared to some stories because he does not cry long. His problem was never going to sleep, it was staying asleep. He would wake up CONSTANTLY starting at 11pm wanting someone to wake up, get up, and put his paci back in. Nothing we tried helped. Neither of us were resting well. He wasn't even napping well. So the hardest part for us was the first few nights when he woke up crying in the middle of the night and you just pray he goes back to sleep quickly. I will say that I think his age is just right. If you tried to do this with a 9 month old that can sit up, stand up, and has separation anxiety, see it being much worse. He seems to rest much better now that we've taken away the paci at nap time and bed time.

Hudson cries just a little when we lay him down at night but this is what it turns in to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJu1ybH0sE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just love to hear my baby talk!

Oh, and did I mention...

WE HAVE TEETH!!!

WHERE HAS MY BABY GONE?!?!

Oh, me. Another day, another post.

Night night!

1 comment:

  1. When did he get teeth??? :) You're doing great Momma!

    ReplyDelete