You are two months old!
You weigh 14 pounds, 8 ounces.
You are 24 inches long.
Your head is 15.75 inches around.
You are a growing, healthy boy! The doctor said you looked perfect.
You got 3 vaccinations today, 2 shots and 1 set of drops. You were a trooper.
You wear 3 month, 3-6 month, and even a couple of 6 month outfits.
You wear a size 2 diaper.
You wear a size 2 diaper.
You have been nursing about every 3 - 3 1/2 hours during the day, but we are going to start stretching that to 3 1/2 - 4 hours now.
At about 5 weeks, we changed your night time routine a little to bath time at 8:30 pm and last feeding at 9:00 pm. This seemed to work well and you started sleeping until 2:00 am. You are now sleeping until at least 4:00 am, with a little assistance from the pacifier. You go back to sleep until around 8:00 or 9:00 am now and Mommy usually joins you.
More facts about you at two months:
- People "ooooo"ing makes you smile. Daddy's silly faces have also started making you smile.
- You are most playful first thing in the morning and right after your bath if you aren't too sleepy. You love to coo, ooo, laugh, and smile. The first video is you at 7 weeks old. The second one is from today (nine weeks old).
- You LOVE your soothie pacifier. You almost have to have it to fall asleep. If I give it to you when you are really hunger, you look like you are attacking a hamburger. It's pretty funny, and really cute.
- You are a very fast eater. Your alertness with Momma's fast let down makes for an average 10 minute feeding. This is great because we have had to eat in several different places. We are busy people, but you do just fine.
- You love to be held when you are sleepy. You still prefer someone holding you in their left arm with your right arm under their armpit. This position while patting you on the butt with a pacifier in your mouth is the "go to sleep" routine.
- You are still sleeping in the pack n play. Momma just can't send you to your room just yet! My goal is to have you in your crib at night by the end of July. I'm in no hurry! I love having you so close!
- You have discovered the lights and sounds of the world around you, your tongue, and your fists. You also love to kick your feet. You swat at your toys and are very alert when we go places.
- You are very good at raising your head and holding it steady when someone is holding you, but you do not enjoy tummy time yet.
- You went to your first birthday party! It was Ryleigh's first birthday!
Mommy and Daddy have so much fun with you! You are at such a fun age and we love making you smile and talk back to us. We love you very much!!