Tuesday, February 21, 2012

34 Weeks

The past two weeks have been great! We have had a lot going on and I am REALLY too tired to be writing this post, so I'm gonna keep it as short and sweet as possible. BUT I do promise another post Sunday. Since I only have about 6 weeks left and there is so much going on, I am going to do weekly updates instead of biweekly. I know, you are so excited you can barely stand yourself. What will you do when this baby gets here and you don't have to read about my aches, cravings, and other pregnancy rants? ; )

At my 34 week appointment yesterday, I met another one of the doctors in the practice and I absolutely loved her. If she happens to be the one on call on D Day, I would be perfectly happy. So, that makes 3 doctors that I have met and I hope to at least see all of the other ones within the next few weeks. I love my doctors office! Dr. Ellis listened to his heartbeat - about 140 - and super strong and loud! She said based on where the heartbeat was she thought he was still head down. My blood pressure was the same as it always is, which is right below "average", which is wonderful. I pray that it stays that way. I talked to her about some of my other pains and symptoms, and she said they were all perfectly normal.

I had my Baby Tea Sunday and it was amazing! Special post on that later... still need to upload pics. I am having my Baby Shower at work this Thursday and I can't wait to open some more goodies for Hudson!

Nursery:
The bedding is in and it is PERFECT!!! Working more on decorating it this weekend... pics to come soon!

Movement:
I really think he is just about out of room. He rolls, pokes out body parts, and sometimes does jumping jacks (or that is what it feels like at least). I don't really get as many kicks and punches as I use to and I miss that. Everyone (ok, well lots of people) say they really missed feeling their little one and having them "with them" all of the time. Even though I am pretty uncomfortable wearing this basketball on my front side, I know I am going to miss it.

Maternity Clothes:
OVER THEM. Period.

Sleep:
Last week started the middle of the night trips to the potty again. I am usually up between 2 and 3 am, and I have been able to go back to sleep, but not as easily as I use to.

Cravings:
ICE!!! Small, soft ice (like at Sonic, Milo's, etc) is the best!!

Symptoms: (the short and sweet version)
Puffy face, slight swelling, tingling in the arms and legs, leg and foot cramps in the middle of the night, CONSTANT urge to use the restroom, pressure in pelvic area, shortness of breath, etc... pretty standard I guess.

I've been a busy bee the past two weeks getting all of his things in order. Clothes, blankets, socks, bibs, etc. all washed in Dreft detergent and hung up or put away. Rusty and I also put together his pack and play - that was interesting. Things are coming together and I think we are pretty much ready! I will need to take some stuff back from our showers and get a few more things, but we have all of the necessities already.

****AS I AM WRITING THIS, I THINK I JUST HAD MY FIRST REAL CONTRACTION!*** Holy Cow - that did not feel good. Kudos to those that do it au naturel... don't think that will be for me!

Sorry no pics... just don't have the energy. I'll have a new post Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment