Tuesday, February 7, 2012

32 Weeks - Hangin in there...

We are 32 weeks along now! Yes, that means in LESS THAN 8 WEEKS (if all goes as planned) we will be meeting our precious baby boy! Anxious!!! But we are SO ready! Mostly ready just to hold him and squeeze him!!!

Last week was a SUPER busy week for Mommy and Daddy.

First of all, Daddy started a new job Monday! He is very excited about this opportunity and it seems to be a great fit for him.
On Tuesday, we went to UAB Maternal and Fetal Health and got a level 2 ultrasound of Hudson's kidneys. They agreed that he looked great (heart, brain, and all of the many other things they routinely check and measure) and that the dilation in his left kidney was very mild. I was really hoping to at least get some good pictures of him, but he was head down, face up and cuddled behind my "fluffy placenta" (the U/S tech's words) with his hands over his face. We did get a few good glimpses of his face, but it was so quick she couldn't freeze it for a picture. We could see that he already has hair!! She said if we could see hair at 30 weeks that he would probably have a head full at birth. : ) : ) : ) AND, did I mention we have a defensive lineman on our hands?? He measured a week ahead! According to all of the emails I get (Baby Center, The Bump, etc), MOST babies weigh about 3.3 pounds at 31 weeks and she estimated him to weigh 4.5 pounds!! They said to follow up with my normal OB and get an U/S closer to my due date to see if the left kidney has gone "back to normal" by then.

On Wednesday, we went to a breastfeeding class at St. Vincents. It was great and I recommend it if you know nothing about breastfeeding and are wanting to try it.

On Thursday, we met our pediatrician, Dr. Peters at Mayfair Medical Group in Homewood. She made me feel so at home. She was so friendly and informative, and their office seemed very clean, organized, and welcoming. I told her about Hudson's kidney dilation and she agreed that it is nothing to worry about. She will order an ultrasound before we are discharged from the hospital to check his kidneys before we go home.

On Saturday, we had our Preparing for Parenthood Class that lasted from about 9:00-3:30 with an hour lunch break. I totally recommend it. It did not feel like you were "in class". It was directed by a St. Vincents nurse and people were constantly asking questions about what she was telling us, which answered some questions we hadn't even thought of. They tell you every little detail from medicines they give you to where to check in if you come in the middle of the night. Even though I have been reading a lot, it was great to know exactly what MY hospital, doctors, and nurses would be doing to me/us.

So between all of that, our date night Tuesday, and a long dinner at Cheesecake Factory Saturday night, we have had tons of bonding time! ; ) We have really enjoyed this time together, but we are also trying to keep "plans" to a minimum for the next 8 weeks to have time to do some non-baby things since Hudson is about to rock our world!!

Nursery:
All of the furniture is set up and polished! It looks so beautiful!! Ceiling fan is installed (that could be a whole blog post in itself, but let's just say it is now up and working) and looks great. We decided not to paint, so his walls will be a soft tan/khaki-ish color. His bedding will be ready within the next few days, so all we have left to do is pick up his mattress and fill the room with sweet decorations! I told y'all I would have it done in plenty of time.... ; )
Movement:
This little guy feels like an alien trying to escape!! I will feel a kick or a punch every blue moon, but most days are now filled with rolling body parts feeling like they will protrude out of my skin at any minute. They are still the highlight of my day, though, even if some hurt a tiny bit.

Maternity Clothes:
Yep. And I'm getting pretty bored with them. Same old stuff....

Sleep:
Sleep is going pretty well. I need the bedroom to be pretty cool to sleep through the night. If I want to get comfortable to watch TV, I need to be in the recliner, but sometimes even that isn't comfortable. The most comfortable position is lying on my side. Sitting straight up for an extended period of time is getting uncomfortable since I am practically carrying around a basketball.

Cravings:
No real cravings, but I tend to want something sour in the afternoon.

32 Week Appointment:
Everything is right on track! My belly measured right at 32 weeks, but I told her about the U/S tech at UAB saying he was measuring about a week ahead and she agreed that the U/S was much more accurate than measuring my belly. So, she said when we do my last U/S at 36 weeks to check his kidneys they will also check his growth and can make a pretty good estimate from there since most babies gain about 1/2 a pound a week from 36 weeks to delivery.

Belly Pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment