Tuesday, November 29, 2011

22 Weeks

22 weeks... 22 weeks?!?! I have been counting up to 40 weeks until recently. After we found out that our baby was a boy, I really just enjoyed it for a week or two. Browsed the stores, got some nursery ideas, etc. Then suddenly, panic set in. I have this fear of going into labor early and his nursery not being ready. For those of you who know me well, I'm sure this is funny and extremely predictable. I am a type A/worrier/perfectionist/planner. All of a sudden I began counting down instead of counting up. SO, 18 weeks to go! And that is if I make it to 40 weeks! EEKK!!! I will be a mom in 18 weeks?!?! I can't believe this is real! He is due April 2nd, and I would really like to have his nursery finished by the end of February. I really think by March I will be too big/tired to do all of that kind of stuff.

Momma's Belly:

"Wow! I can't believe how much you are already showing!" This (or some variation of this) is what I tend to hear these days from people that don't see me on a regular basis. I'm not sure what this means. Do I look fat? Am I like the biggest 22 weeks pregnant person you have ever seen? Freakishly big? I didn't really think I was that big...I try not to over think it. Some clothes make me look bigger than others but at this point, beggars can't be choosers - my regular shirts are getting smaller/shorter and I am about to have to splurge on some maternity tops. I am happy to have my belly, but I'm afraid at 40 weeks I will look more like I swallowed a watermelon instead of a soccer ball. Oh well. As long as Hudson is happy and healthy, I am perfectly content.

Kicking:

Hudson is kicking all the time and I just can't get enough of it! At the beginning, the little flutters were so sweet, but I could barely feel them. Now, he is playing soccer in my tummy! He is kicking so hard that Rusty finally got to feel it! I wished I would have had my camera handy! It was so awesome to see Rusty's face the first time he ever felt his baby kick. Every time I feel him kick I can't help but smile. It is usually on the right side of my stomach. I am so happy that he is healthy and moving! I will definitely enjoy these sweet kicks... I've heard how uncomfortable they can be towards the end when they are kicking your ribs.

22 Weeks:

According to www.babycenter.com, Hudson is about 11 inches long (size of a spaghetti squash), and weighs (average) 12-20 ounces (well, we know he weighs at least 14 oz or more!). Mommy can expect to see the following soon: shortness of breath (check), rapidly growing hair and nails (check), skin discoloration, and an outtie belly button! I do have to say I have watched my belly button get tighter these last few weeks. I don't think it will pop out any time soon, but I definitely think it will by the third trimester.

Maternity Clothes:

Still in most of my normal shirts/sweaters. I am wearing maternity layering tops, pants, and tights.

Sleep:

Sleep has not been terrible, but it has not been normal. I wake up once or twice a night a few times a week, for no apparent reason. Sometimes I am hot, or restless, or just can't get comfortable, but I usually go back to sleep pretty easily. Trust me, I am not complaining. I normally sleep like a rock... a talking rock according to Rusty.

Cravings/Aversions:

Let's just say I wasn't a picky eater at any of the three Thanksgiving meals we attended. I could have lapsed into a Peanut Butter Fudge coma. o.m.g. That stuff is AMAAAAAZING.

Random:

We have started our diaper and wipes stockpile. I am currently buying Pampers Swaddlers newborn, 1, or 2 and Pampers Sensitive wipes. I have heard SO many opinions on diapers and wipes. Anyone with recent baby boy experience have any advice?

Also, we are looking at getting nursery bedding made. Can anyone recommend someone? I have looked at Polka Tot Designs and Becker's Bedding so far.

Our next appointment is next Thursday. I have also registered us for the Preparing for Parenthood Class and the extra breastfeeding class in February. February is going to be a VERY busy month for us I think!


Rusty M. Ashworth, MBA

Tonight Rusty had his VERY LAST college class!! Rusty will graduate in 2 weeks from the UAB School of Business with a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology Management. He finished in 2 years while working full time, changing jobs/companies halfway through, and has made all As! We are SOOO very proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment