Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It's a...

We had a Gender Reveal Party this past weekend for Baby #2.  This time around was way different! With Hudson, Rusty and I both knew it was a boy before the party.  I made cupcakes with blue filling for everyone to find out the sex of the baby.  You can see more about that party here.

This time, I wanted it to be a surprise to us, too! Sadly, I couldn't get Baby Daddy to play along.  He found out on the day of our ultrasound and kept the results (and the pictures giving away the big news) to himself.  Here is one of the sweet pictures we got!

\
Our tech was great and really took her time.  She tried to get us a good picture of the baby's face, but a sweet little arm was in the way the whole time! She even switched over to 4D for a minute, but no luck there either.  It did look like the baby was sucking his/her thumb, though.  It was precious!

The next day, one of my best friends Adrianne came into town and spent the night.  We stayed up way past our bedtime decorating the box! Rusty took the box to work the next day and stopped by Party City on his way home to have it filled up with balloons.

Baby Daddy text me this picture leaving Party City.  
If that's not the face of one proud, excited daddy, I don't know what is.


Everyone came over that night for the big reveal.  We ate dinner and flocked to the yard for the big moment!

My sorority sisters and dear friends, Adrianne and Morgan

My parents



I know he doesn't look like it, but Hudson is super excited about the new baby.  He was running a low grade temp that day and was just not himself.  Plus I think all of the excitement was a little overwhelming and confusing.

Rusty's parents

My great aunt Carolyn, my grandmother Norma, and my aunt Rene'
My soul sisters ; )
Samantha, Jessica, and Natalie

Everyone was chomping at the bits, so after we scarfed down some food enjoyed food and fellowship, we went outside for the balloon reveal!

We think it's a boy!
We think it's a girl!

Rusty cut open the box, and I didn't want to take a chance of seeing blue or pink.  My heart was racing! 

It's a..................




BOY!




Our poor baby boy is still nameless.  James is a family name on both sides, so that is definitely his middle name.  Rusty and I may be doing rock, paper, scissors over this name!!!!!!! This time is much harder than last time. 

We are so excited and CANNOT BELIEVE we are going to have TWO boys running around our house!! I know we are going to have a lifetime full of laughter and great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment