Sunday, January 8, 2012

Suzy Homemaker - Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Rusty got me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. A few days after Christmas I made a Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Cream Cheese Pound Cake is my favorite pound cake, so I figured I would try this recipe that was in Southern Living this summer. It was listed as one of their Top Seven Summer Pound Cakes. Yes, I know it is winter, but I really wanted to try it. It was really fun to make and yummy, too. I wasn't the hugest fan of the strawberry glaze, but overall I was satisfied.

What you need:
Butter and Sugar Mixture:
Adding the Strawberry Glaze:
First Successful Pound Cake!

With Blue Bell Vanilla Homemade Ice Cream, of course!

My parents got me the Dreamcakes cookbook from Dreamcakes Bakery in Homewood for Christmas! I was so excited! I can't wait to make some cupcakes. I think I am going to try the Mississippi Mud first. It is my new favorite. If you have never been to Dreamcakes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!! Click here for a link to their site.

I also got a sewing machine for Christmas. I can't decide what I want to make first, but I know it will be something for Hudson. : )

1 comment: