Monday, January 9, 2012

28 weeks - THE FINAL STRETCH!!!

I am in shock as I write this...which seems to be the trend on the last few blogs. I can't believe that in 12 weeks (84 days give or take) that I will be meeting my precious baby boy Hudson.

A few things we have done recently to get ready:



  • My dad came and took the furniture that was in the room that will be Hudson's room back to my parents' house. It was the furniture that was in my room when I was growing up. Now, that room is empty except for the gifts that Hudson has already received or things that have been graciously passed down from his cousin Dominic. ; )

  • My mom and I met with Becky from Becker's Bedding at Homewood Antiques and designed the baby bedding! I am extremely indecisive, and it was hard from me to make a decision, even though I went in knowing what I wanted for the most part. She is mailing me fabric swatches so that I can play around with them. I have a few weeks to make any changes. The bedding should be ready in early February. Hopefully his furniture will be in by then so we can have everything set up before my Baby Tea.

  • My dear friends and family are working on plans for a Baby Tea and Baby Shower at work! Hudson and I are so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

  • I finally finished registering. We are officially registered at Buy Buy Baby, Target, and Babies R Us. It was lots and lots of fun, especially at Buy Buy Baby, where I got to show Rusty all the different things we will need/want, and I even learned a few things, too. ; )

  • I got a prenatal massage at Ross Bridge over the Christmas Break. It was a birthday gift from my brother and sister in law. It was A M A Z I N G. I've had a massage there before, but this one was incredible. I don't know if it's because I have been sore or if she was just that great, but I HIGHLY recommend it. I think you have to be 13-35 weeks to get a prenatal massage.

  • This week I am researching pediatricians in our area. I am planning on meeting them in the next few weeks and making a decision. I am open to any recommendations! Looking for good bedside manner, after hours care (via nurse line or whatever), well baby area, and a history of a NORMAL wait time.

Movement:


Movement has been different. Instead of kicking and punching as much, there seems to be more rolling and turning. At one point last week, I think he was lying across my body instead of parallel with me. It felt like a round little head or butt on my left side. I have also felt him having the hiccups and I can't help but laugh.


At 28 Weeks:


According to "the sources", not too much has changed. Hudson is now blinking with his beautiful eyelashes. He is about 2 1/2 pounds and 16 inches long.


Maternity Clothes:


Thank the Lord for maternity clothes. Still loving the full panel pants and I am enjoying my new shirts.


Sleep:


The weird sleep patterns have officially started. I can be super tired when I get home, but if I don't go get in the bed when I feel tired, I get this burst of energy and the sudden urge to get things done around this house. This usually happens around 9:30. I went to bed between 11-12 every night last week and Wednesday and Thursday I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm clock went off! I guess the Lord is preparing me to be a Super Mommy on little sleep.


Cravings:


I'm still enjoying Grapico. I am drinking chocolate milk or Sunny D with breakfast (never been an OJ person), water all during the day, then having sweet tea or Grapico (both decaf) with dinner. I haven't really had any cravings or aversions.


Glucose Test:


I passed my glucose test today!! I am not very good at "just doing something" I don't like...such as drinking a nasty drink. I was a little nervous. Everyone talks about the dreaded glucose test. The lab tech said, "You have five minutes to get this down." I held my breath and turned it up. Never slowed down. I bet she thought I was crazy! I drank the whole thing in about 3 seconds. 121 baby!!!!! Whoop Whoop!! No 3 hour test for me!


Momma's Belly:


Here is an overload of pictures. The first is a picture of me "technically" 2 weeks pregnant in the Bahamas in July, where Hudson was made! The rest are from today, the kickoff of my last trimester!!! There's no doubt about it - my belly button is DEFINITELY an outie! Still no stretch marks, and I am praying it stays that way. I can't believe I am posting a picture of my bare belly, but I figured what the heck. Also, I'm wondering if my belly is going to change shape. Hudson is in a transverse position (sideways) so I feel like that is making me look wide. The doctor said he would have to turn soon because he would run out of room. She said if he was in a different position, I may have measured more than that.









Babies, Babies, Babies!!!


Now that the news is out, CONGRATS to Deanna and Natalie on their exciting news!!! I can't wait to meet your precious babies in May and August!!!

2 comments: